Welcome to WordPress.com. After you read this, you should delete and write your own post, with a new title above. Or hit Add New on the left (of the admin dashboard) to start a fresh post.
Here are some suggestions for your first post.
- You can find new ideas for what to blog about by reading the Daily Post.
- Add PressThis to your browser. It creates a new blog post for you about any interesting page you read on the web.
- Make some changes to this page, and then hit preview on the right. You can always preview any post or edit it before you share it to the world.
When ionic compounds are held collectively in a web like pattern they’re called ionic bonds. These ions are oppositely charged and so they attract and maintain each other by electrostatic forces. The most typical instance this ionic bond is sodium chloride.
These ionic compounds exhibit certain traits:
• They are typically in the form of solid crystals at room temperature.
• They have excessive boiling and melting point.
• They’re highly soluble in water less soluble in alcohols and insoluble in petrol and other no polar solvents.
• Their thermal conductivity is commonly low.
• They’re good conductors of electricity when in liquid and melting state as ions are free to move and carry electrons from anode to cathode however this is not potential when they’re in strong state as a result of ions are held very carefully and tightly.
Allow us to see how this ionic bonding happens in sodium chloride i.e. frequent desk salt.
Sodium has one electron extra to realize the stable configuration , the place as chlorine is in wanting on electron to attain stability .Thus sodium atom offers its further electron to chlorine atom in order that both attains the steady configuration. The sodium is now positively charged ion as it has one proton more than electron and this positively charged ion is called cations. Chlorine has gained one electrons from sodium so it has on electron greater than protons which makes it adverse charged and this negatively charged ions are called anion.
As everyone knows like charges repel and opposite prices attracts one another these optimistic charged sodium ions and destructive charged chloride ions are attracted to each other by electrostatic forces to type ionic bonding .Different examples of ion bonding are magnesium oxide ,calcium chloride, potassium oxide etc.Huge power is required to remove electrons and this power is named ionization energy.